When it’s time for a windshield replacement, take your vehicle to our Certified Service experts at Shoreside Collision and Glass. Proudly serving the Gimli and Interlake Region. Your windshield is an integral part of your vehicle and your safety. We have the industries latest equipment to repair or replace your Vehicle Glass
If a stone chip repair is all that is required, we have the tools for same day service.
Shoreside Collision and Glass is a certified MPI eGlassClaim Shop! You no longer need to contact the MPI Call Centre to make a glass claim. Simply contact us if you need glass repair or replacement, and we will prepare your glass claim and schedule an appointment for you to bring your vehicle into our shop as soon as possible. It’s that easy!
Your windshield is integral to your vehicle. It serves several important functions, including:
- Structural support: The windshield helps to provide structural support to the roof of the vehicle, which is especially important in the event of a rollover accident.
- Protection: The windshield protects passengers from wind, debris, and other hazards while driving.
- Visibility: The windshield provides a clear view of the road ahead, allowing the driver to see and react to potential hazards.
- Weather protection: The windshield helps to keep rain, snow, and other weather elements out of the vehicle.
Overall, the windshield plays an important role in the safety, functionality, and comfort of your vehicle. GM Genuine Parts-branded windshields are manufactured with original GM Computer-Aided Design (CAD) data, and they meet stringent manufacturer quality standards. In the event a OEM windshield is not available, we have aftermarket options available.
In the event of a collision, you need to make sure you choose a shop you can trust with your vehicle. Shoreside Collision and Glass is an MPI Partner in the direct repair program. In Manitoba, MPI (Manitoba Public Insurance) Direct Repair is a program that allows customers to choose from a network of approved repair shops that have agreed to provide high-quality, efficient repair services. These repair shops are referred to as Direct Repair shops.
The MPI Direct Repair program is designed to streamline the repair process for customers who have been in a collision. When a customer chooses to use Shoreside Collision and Glass, we will work directly with MPI to process the claim, obtain approvals, and handle payments.
Using Shoreside Collision and Glass has several benefits, including faster repairs, and the use of OEM parts. Customers can opt for aftermarket parts in the event OEM is not available based on model.
Overall, the MPI Direct Repair program is intended to provide a convenient and reliable way for customers to get their vehicles repaired after a collision, while ensuring that repairs are done to the highest standards of quality and safety.
Here are some considerations to keep in mind when making this decision:
Shoreside Collision and Glass:
- Shoreside has access to OEM parts and the latest technology and equipment. We have technicians who are trained and certified to work on specific makes and models.
- Warranty coverage: If your vehicle is still under warranty, having it repaired at a dealership body shop can help ensure that the repairs are covered by the warranty. This can provide additional peace of mind and potentially save you money on repairs.
- Manufacturer support: With tough repairs Shoreside Collision and Glass will be able to provide additional support from the vehicle manufacturer. For example, we have access to technical bulletins or service updates that can help them diagnose and repair complex issues more effectively.
Steps to take After a Collision
STEP 1: Call us at Shoreside, we will guide you through the process. Toll Free: 1-888-296-9666
STEP 2: Call MPI to file a claim at
- MPI Winnipeg Number 204-985-7000
- MPI Long Distance 1 (800) 665-2410
Direct Repair Authorization enables customers with eligible claims to proceed directly at Shoreside Collision and Glass for a vehicle damage estimate after reporting the claim to MPI over the phone.
STEP 3: Once you have an eligible claim with MPI, contact us online or by phone to book an appointment.
Vehicle collisions and damage are simply part of driving. When you choose Shoreside Collision and Glass, you choose a proven “Advanced Driver Assistance System.” We have the ability to calibrate these highly advanced systems in our facility as well as scan all makes and models and make sure your vehicle is operating at the level it was before your collision.
We are looking forward to helping you get back on the road.